What are the options for badge printing at events?
Badge printing can be a complete time waster during events. It can drive you stir-crazy when the paper becomes out of alignment or when someone’s name is incorrect.
Nowadays, there are many different new ways to print your event badges. Below are just a few:
Pre-Print your badges
- When you have the attendee list, you are able to pre-print all of your event badges before the event.
- We will provide a laptop and badge printer with selected spare badges so you are able to print on-site for any last minute changes.
- The badging team will have the badge design already set up on the laptop and will train you on how to use the equipment so you are ready beforehand.
Search and print
- Ideal for smaller type events like cocktail receptions or events with a high drop off rate.
- Using the search and print service, we set up a number of laptops and printers depending on the number of attendees.
- When a guest arrives at the event, they are greeted by reception staff who will search and print their badge.
Scan and Print and on-site scanners
- Guests are sent a joining instruction email with a personalised barcode.
- This approach is useful for international events with some delegates having complicated names.
- Registration staff can easily scan this barcode on their phones or a printed copy as they enter the event. A badge is printed and passed to the delegate.
- Having a barcode printed on the badge is also an excellent way to track attendance into sessions or for exhibitors to gather visitor information.
- Scanners can also be combined with a tablet to display delegate details, as well as real time data to track attendee numbers, breakout sessions and even send alerts to VIPs.
- Scanners have enough memory to store over 100,000 records, which should be sufficient even for the largest of events!
- E-badges provide a very cost effective badge solution. They are included into the delegate’s joining instructions where a personalised pdf can be attached.
- Delegates can print on A4 paper and fold before the event. On arrival they can grab a vinyl wallet with a lanyard, insert their badge and enter the event.
- If you don’t want to have badges at all then you could consider the use of a check-in tool. See more information here: Products